Customs & Immigration
Security and Customs: Bhutan is known as one the peaceful and safeties destination in the world. Bhutanese people are very warm, helpful and religious minded. All visitors are required to complete a customs form upon arrival and hand over to concerned authorities. Personal electronic devices are permitted with authorities’ checkup. Bhutan is the first country to ban tobacco consumption, but visitors are allowed with maximum personal consumption as below:
- Cigarettes: 1 carton of 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars.
- Pipe tobacco: 3 tins of 50 grams each.
- Other tobacco products: 50 grams.
Import and Export of following goods are strictly prohibited:
- Arms, ammunitions, explosives and military stores
- All narcotics and drugs except medically prescribed drugs
- Wildlife products, especially those of endangered species
visitors are advised to be cautious in purchasing of various Bhutanese Products, it’s strictly prohibited without a clearance certificate. The visitors may seek Tour Company’s help and advice before committing to such purchases.